aliases: [Start here, Bible Study Kit]
# Start here
Welcome to the Bible Study Kit, nice to meet you! 👋 If you're curious about who I am, you can read a bit more [[About me]]. If you accidentally stumbled upon this kit and have no idea about the Biblical story, start here: [[What is the Gospel|What is the Gospel?]].
> [!hint] New!
> I am considering turning the [[+Start here|Bible Study Kit]] into a fleshed out course. Help me see if there’s interest by filling out this **[short form](https://joschua.io/courseform)**
==→== **To play with this on your own hard drive, [[Download the Bible Study Kit]].** ==←==
💬 Join [in the conversation on the Obsidian forum](https://forum.obsidian.md/t/bible-study-in-obsidian-kit-including-the-bible-in-markdown/12503).
## What this kit tries to solve
The Bible exhorts us to "acquire and seek knowledge" ([[Prov 18#15]]). Yet, the way in which we do that is often inefficient. You can probably identify with some of [[The shortcomings of common note-taking practices]].
## Dive in!
After you have identified some of the challenges you're facing, you're ready to dive in. When lost, you can always come back to the [[+Overview|Overview]].
You can navigate for- and backward with those hotkeys: `Option + →` and `Option + ←`.
There are three paths which you can explore:
* 🏡 **Start at home** – Start here: [[00 Home|Home]].
* I've created an example vault for you to dig around in. Have a look about how you can use it in your daily life.
* 📖 **Jump into Scripture** – Start here: [[Gen 1]].
* Explore the kit through browsing and backlinks.
* ⏩ **Follow the kit**
* *The Basics*
* [[Set up your Obsidian for Bible Study]].
* Get familiar with what I call "[[Connected Biblical Thinking]]".
* *Studying the Bible*
* [[Start connecting Scripture]].
* Get inspired for personal application: [[Examples of Connected Biblical Thinking]] for your Obsidian Vault.
* *Further topics*
* For additional tweaking, look into [[CSS tweaks for Obsidian Publish]] and [[Settings, queries and plugins]].
* Have look at the [[Glossary]].
* Explore through the Graph view `Command + G`.
I am indebted to j.split, karlpalmer, Lithou, MikeBraddock and [[Nick Milo]] for their willingness to provide feedback for the early drafts of this kit. Your thoughts made this kit a much better one.